I went to see a movie over the weekend. It was called “The Soloist” and was starring Jamie Fox and Robert Downey Jr. I didn’t like it all that much. I was in the mood for a bit of an action movie, and instead I got stuck with an emotional and sentimental one. Don’t get me wrong, I love the tear jerkers, but I also need some action too. All in all it was a good movie. Jamie Fox was incredible! By the time the movie was over I had completely forgotten his performance in “Ray” and could only see him in this movie. Fox has a talent of becoming the character so fully that even the most critical of movie reviewers could not have anything mean to say about him. As for Robert Downey Jr. he played the role average. Then again, he had a fairly average role to play. A boring reporter with no life who finds a man on the street and decides to help him, and ultimately ends up saving his own social life and relationship with his boss. His average performance was complemented with his good looks; although the haircut didn't suit him whatsoever. All in all, it was not a bad movie, the music was great; a Beethoven theme to go along with Fox’s character’s obsession with Beethoven. A good story that made my stepmom cry, but maybe I should have gone to see Angels and Demons instead.
So it looks like only one person commented on my last blog. I want to thank that person, and welcome any more comments or suggestions on how I am doing. Honestly, this is my first time writing a blog and I am open to any suggestions that anyone has. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i wanted to go see that movie....and am glad that you thought it was a good one. A suggestion however, you used 'all in all' twice in the paragraph...try to limit colloquial phrases to once in a piece of writing.
ReplyDeleteOn another note CONGRATULATIONS ON LAURIER!!!! I am so proud of you Christine, and the decision you have made. You will do us all proud, I have no doubts in my mind.
-Ian
Hey Ian!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice, and thanks for the vote of confidence! I really appreciate it!
Christine